There is a new inclusion for companies who are facing redundancies.
The Haringey Works offer for business where redundancies have taken place or are about to take place is as follows:
- Initial employment support call with employer to ascertain timescale for redundancies, numbers of staff affected, and number of Haringey residents affected.
- Arrange online group session with staff to discuss the Haringey Works offer, including opportunities for training/retraining/ upskilling from strategic partners such as HALS and CONEL. One-to-one sessions can be arranged if
the group session is not appropriate.
- Encourage residents to register for employment support via the new Haringey Works portal where an Employment Advisor will be assigned who will provide bespoke employability support until they find a job. Residents who are not able
to self-register will be supported with the registration process.
- The support will be specific to the needs of the residents but will generically cover the following:
- Career coaching
- CV preparation
- Interview skills and preparation for remote interviews
- Application support
- Targeted job search
- Mentoring and coaching to boost confidence
- Communication skills and awareness of business etiquette.
- Residents can initiate contact with their Advisor at any time whilst they are training or looking for work.
- Monthly online support group for former employees (from the same company) to share positive experience of job search after redundancy.
- Advisors will maintain contact with residents for up to 4 months after they have started work to ensure that they settle and address any work-related concerns they may have.
- Where relevant and appropriate, case studies will be highlighted featuring residents who successfully secure sustainable employment after redundancy.
Answer a few short questions on our contact form and we will be in touch to assist you.